Schedules help parents maintain consistency in expectations to build strong routines. With the Octopus Watch, you can add reminders that discreetly prompt children to complete their tasks or inform them about a specific activity or appointment.
Create a reminder and synchronize the Octopus Watch app
On the Octopus Watch
1. At the set time, the alert is displayed on the child's watch vibrates gently. The task icon appears for few seconds (e.g. "go to the toilets" icon) and then is replaced by the current event icon (if you set one).
The alert repeats every minute for the duration that you programmed in the alert settings until the end of the task or until the child validates the task.
2. The child validates the task by pressing the button
3. Synchronize the Octopus Watch with the app to review all if your child has validated his task.
Review your child validation and modify it
- At the set time, you receive a notification displaying “Hey! Your kid should be doing the following: ”reminder name”.
- When you synchronize the Octopus Watch and app, you can review whether or not you child has validated their tasks.
- If the child validated the task, the icon is displayed next to the task in the visual schedule.
- If the child did not validate the task, the icon is displayed next to the task in the visual schedule.
- If a icon appears, it means that the reminder has not been displayed on your child's Octopus Watch yet.
Switch in between and by clicking on the icon. It allows you to correct if your child has done his task (available from the app version 1.6.4 on Android and 1.7.254 on iPhone)
In the rewards section, the statistics will use the modified completions.